YAY!!! As of Monday, I'm officially the Director of Young Adult Ministry at church. Seems strange to be so excited about this since nothing really changes- I don't get more hours, or a raise, or anything like that.
BUT what I do get is more of my weekly hours allocated to the Young Adult Ministry; and the bigger thing is that it's an acknowledgment of the value of the ministry itself. For any ministry of a church to really succeed it needs the support of the church, especially from the lead Pastor. Being given a title and not just "if you have free hours during your work week" tells me that this ministry is seen as important and worth investing in.
So, even though most people have already been viewing me as the Director of Young Adults and in this capacity, this is huge to me and a definite cause for cheer and celebration!!!
YAY!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment