I never cease to be amazed by how often, and how quickly, Satan can distract me. It's so easy to doubt, worry, and stress about things that aren't "the point". I'm not a numbers person and yet I find myself freaked out when attendance drops at 'thegathering' (our new young adult service) or the same people attend all of our outside events.
Yet I'm the first person to remind the rest of our leadership team that it's not about the numbers and to tell stories about individuals' lives being impacted and changed.
Thank the Lord for heavenly reminders with skin on.
A few days ago I was having a conversation with a good friend about how the young adult ministry is going at the church he attends and how things are going at ours. He reminded me that it's not about the numbers; it's all about the relationships. Elementary, right? Something I've heard, and said, a bajillion things.. and, yet, something I STILL need to hear over and over again.
He said, "If we had 3 people who were passionate and committed and sold out, then they would multiply and we wouldn't have to worry about the numbers. It would just happen. So focus on the 3."
sigh... why am I so thick-headed sometimes?
No comments:
Post a Comment