God of Justice (We Must Go)
by Tim Hughes
God of Justice, Savior to all
Came to rescue the weak and the poor
Chose to serve and not be served
Jesus, You have called us
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give
We Must Go live to feed the hungry
Stand beside the broken
We must go
Stepping forward keep us from just singing
Move us into action
We must Go
To act justly everyday
Loving mercy in everyway
Walking humbly before You God
You have shown us, what You require
Freely we've received
Now freely we will give
Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out
Fill us up and send us out Lord
----------------------------------------------------------
There have been very few newer songs as of late that have stirred my passion and burdened my heart as much as this song. I wept over these words and the smallness of my faith and my heart on Sunday night. We must go... He has called us, we must answer. We must give of our lives, our resources, our time, our love, ourselves. Christ chose to serve and not be served... we are to follow His example. He came and sacrificed Himself so that we could stop trying to make reconciliation through animal sacrifices.... we are to follow His example. I spend a lot of time in study... study of God's word for myself, for my bible study, for school... I read a lot of theology and apologetics book... I lead a bible study.. I spend countless hours in church or discipling other Christians... but when was the last time I really sacrificed anything? When was the last time I loved someone so much that my heart literally broke for them? When was the last time I really wept over the scripture that I read and let God saturate my heart with His words and His truth? When was the last time I really did something without some sort of selfish, self-centered, or begrudging thought? When was the last time I "lived to feed the hungry, stood beside the broken"? When was the last time I truly felt stretched outside of my comfort zone? When was the last time I completely followed God's voice in doing something totally out of my normal character or nature? When was the last night that I couldn't sleep because I was so burdened to pray for others? When was the last time my heart in worship kept me "from just singing" and moved me into action? To use a phrase written by a dear friend a few months ago... "I have not the love for Christ that I need".
I Must Go... my heart breaks for God's people.. but not enough
my heart yearns to study His word... but never enough
my heart desires to reach out... but not often enough
We Must Go...
Jesus, You have called us...
Move us into action....
Fill us up and send us out Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment