Thursday, February 5, 2009

If Ever I Loved Thee...

Focus


On the Cross
On the Suffering
On the Sacrifice
On the Shed Blood
On the Grace
On the Offering
On the Weight
On the Glory
On the Forsaken
On the Wrath
On the Love
ON THE CROSS

"Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the debater of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not come to know God, God was well-pleased through the foolishness of the message preached to save those who believe. For indeed Jews ask for signs and Greeks search for wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness, but to those who are the called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God." 1 Corinthians 1:20-24

"But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world." Galatians 6:14

May I never perceive anything to be greater, more glorious, more wonderful, more terrible, more amazing, more captivating, and more worthy of all my thoughts, actions, attitudes, and attributions. May I never lose the wonder of the Cross, may I never cheapen the enormity of the weight of my sin, the pain of the separation, and the misery that Christ willingly took upon Himself.. "for the joy set before Him"... for the joy set before me. May I never forget to preach the gospel to myself and to others each and every day.


"Redemption" Johnny Cash

From the hands it came down
From the side it came down
From the feet it came down
And ran to the ground
Between heaven and hell
A teardrop fell In the deep crimson dew
The tree of life grew

And the blood gave life
To the branches of the tree
And the blood was the price
That set the captives free
And the numbers that came
Through the fire and the flood
Clung to the tree
And were redeemed by the blood

From the tree streamed a light
That started the fight
'Round the tree grew a vine
On whose fruit I could dine
My old friend Lucifer came
Fought to keep me in chains
But I saw through the tricks
Of six-sixty-six

And the blood gave life
To the branches of the tree
And the blood was the price
That set the captives free
And the numbers that came
Through the fire and the flood
Clung to the tree
And were redeemed by the blood

No comments: